Wednesday, September 12, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things!

Bryn is back in school, and life is taking on a consistent routine once again, and I've been itching to get back to my neglected scrap booking, as I have SOO many photos that will make some amazing layouts....  For my border swap last month, I decided to go with the theme "these are a few of my favorite things" as I was envisioning a special layout commemorating Sabina's many favorites.  I was so pleased with how it came out!  This little munchkin is passionate about life and chocolate, fancy dresses and snow cones, her polka dotted boots and her "power suit" (a costume I made for Bryn's birthday party to look like the Wild Krats creature power suits), her sun glasses and "pony",  AND, unfortunately, her binky and THE purple blankie.  It was so much fun to make a collage of her favorite things....  She is such a special little star in our lives.





Many of the elements used on these pages, are retired -- such as the DSP, fabric, etc.  For the chipboard letters, I tried something I hadn't done before -- adhering fabric (here the retired Springtime Vintage) to chipboard using the Multipurpous Bigshot adhesive sheets, and then cutting them out with the retired Serif Essentials alphabet dies.  The look is so neat -- you have that fabric, textured look on your title letters!  There is also a beautiful rolled fabric flower that I added to this layout later, using a strip of fabric -- rolled and twisted around in a circle.  The rolled flowers and a fabric-covered chipboard title are free make n takes you can do at my upcoming Fall Scrapapalooza on Sept 22nd.  Whoo hoo!

Happy Scrapping to you, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment