Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sunburst Technique and a NEW stamp!

I have one more lovely project to share with you today.  I have been fascinated with the "sunburst technique" lately, and just had to try it for my last Hostess club class.


For the card, I started with a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of card stock -- any color is fine as you are going to cover it up with the designer paper.  Next, cut some designer paper of your choice into pie shaped wedges -- I found it easiest to start with a 6x6" piece of designer paper and then cut it in wedges with my paper cutter.  You can use a bunch of scraps, too -- just cut them into wedges.  Here I used designer paper from the Tea for Two designer paper pack from the spring catalog.  Apply adhesive all over your 4 x 5 1/4" piece of card stock -- then add your paper strips.  I started by putting the diagonal strip across the center of the card first and then built the rest of the way around from there.  Don't worry about pieces hanging off, as you will just trim the edges when you are done putting your pieces on.  The central image, is also a new single stamp called Botique Blossom and is only available through March 31st -- visit my website for more details.  I stamped the flower in So Saffron ink, then colored the stem green with an old Olive marker, and then dipped a sponge dauber in Calypso Coral ink and added coral ink to the center of the flower and the tips of the petals.  Next, huff on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamp on some white card stock.  I then cut it out with the window frames framelits.  Adhere the paper strip background to a folded So Saffron card base.  Add your stamped flower image and it's frame to the front right corner and trim off the excess that hangs off the edges.  That's all there is to it!  A perfect way to use up a bunch of scraps of DSP.

I also did this technique for a scrap book class I recently did -- for this one, I used the free Sale-a-bration designer paper available for free right now with a $50 order.  For this technique, I left some space between the paper strips to let the background paper show.




So, dig out those dozens of scraps of designer paper that are taking over your craft space, and give this sunburst technique a try!  You'll be surprised at how easy it is and how lovely the final result!

No comments:

Post a Comment