Friday, July 3, 2015

Brick wall embossing folder and Wild About Flowers


Another sweet card we made at my open house, was this little lovely.  I am officially in love with the new Brick Wall embossing folder.  It is 6x6 in size, so you can make the bricks work on either a vertical or horizontally oriented card, OR use it for a scrap book border, as it will emboss the whole length.

I used the Lots of Labels framelits again, and die cut an opening in the center of the panel before embossing it with the brick embossing folder.  I could then stamp the flowers on the base folded card, for them to show through the opening.  I used two of the label framelits layered together -- on some Marina Mist card stock -- ran that through my Big Shot to create a frame that went around the window.  To step this card up a notch, you could add dimensionals below the frame to make it stand out from the card a bit.

Another new product used on this card -- the new Washi Label punch.  It coordinates with the Word Window punch, and is so versatile and fun.

This stamp set, Wild About Flowers, was a must have for me, as it has California Poppies in it -- I love these flowers -- have a ton of them blooming in my front yard right now!  Another cool thing about this set, is that on the imaging sheet, it shows you with little tabs on the stamps, which flowers go with which stems, so it makes it really easy to figure out how to use the stamps.  Brilliant!

I sponged Early Espresso and Cajun Craze inks over the embossed bricks to make them look like a wall.  To make it easier for the class, I didn't mix the colors on the cards, but it looks even better to combine both Espresso and Cajun inks to really make it look like bricks.  I can see so many possibilites with this embossing folder -- imagine a super cute Christmas card using the bricks as a fireplace with stockings or the Wondrous Wreath set!  Would be so, so cute!

Another product in this catalog that I'm excited about, is the Heavy Weight Whisper White cardstock.  You can use this card stock for the base of your card, without it being too flimsy.  Truly a great addition to our card stock offerings!





No comments:

Post a Comment