Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Flourishing Phrases meets emboss resist

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Quick post to share with you today.  For my last hostess stampers' club, the hostess wanted to do the "emboss resist technique", and this is what I came up with!  One of my most favorite products in the new catalog, is the Flourishing Phrases bundle.  The stamps and dies in this set are BEAUTIFUL! and useful for so many occasions.  For this card, I embossed the flourish image on Whisper White card stock, using Versamark and clear embossing powder.  I then used two new In Colors -- Peek-a-boo Peach and Flirty Flamingo -- to sponge over the panel.  The ink doesn't stick where the embossed image is -- thus "emboss resist".  I then die cut a flourish from gold foil paper and added that over top.  A little piece of the new Peach In Color ribbon adds that special touch. (I haven't purchased In Color ribbon in a few years, but this year's ribbon is amazing!  It is slightly gathered so it has such fun texture to it, yet it isn't hard at all to tie!) I layered this panel onto Watermelon Wonder card stock, as the Flamingo color goes so beautifully with the Watermelon -- an In Color from last year's collection.  Of course, there needed to be some bling, so I added some Rhinestones as well as In Color enamel shapes.


Ok!  Off to get on with all that's on the agenda for the day!  Namely, a baby fox themed baby shower for a dear friend of mine!  I used the new fox punch to make a super cute little banner for her new little guy.  That little fox is beyond adorable.... Ok, ... I digress. :)  More on all that later!

Don't forget about Bonus Days this month!  For every $50 you spend in July, get $5 free to spend in August on anything you wish!


No comments:

Post a Comment