Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Hearts Day Class

I had put off buying the XL Bigz matchbox die, thinking it wouldn't be something I would use much, but I have definitely changed my mind!  There are hundreds of super cute project ideas using this die -- my favorite being an advent calendar shaped like a Christmas tree -- with all the little matchboxes stacked on top of each other to make the tree shape.  I really want to try this idea next year for Christmas.
But, since Christmas is over, I decided to see what I could come up with for Valentine's Day -- and ... ta dah! here it is.  I used the heavy weight window sheets for the outside sleeve, and Real Red card stock for the little box that pulls out.  Because the outside is clear, you can see the little treats inside without opening it. It is the perfect size for three of the little Ghirardelli chocolate squares.  I used some of the new red glimmer paper from the Occasions Mini and the Daiseys #2 die for the cute little flower on top.  The leaves are punched with the new Build a Blossom punch.
This is one of the projects we will be making at my upcoming class -- Happy Hearts Day Class on Jan 23rd, 2 pm.

Supplies:
Real Red, Whisper White, and Old Olive card stock, red glimmer paper, Heavy Weight window sheets
Real Red classic ink
Tiny Tags stamp set
Build a Blossom punch
Big Shot and Daiseys #2 die, square lattice embossing folder, and matchbox die
Vintage Brads
tiny tag punch

No comments:

Post a Comment