Monday, October 3, 2011

My very first scrap book page ever!

One of my goals this year, is to start scrap booking!  Watching my first grader pour over his year book from last year several times a week, I'm realizing just how important photographs are to him.  He needs to have his very own book that tells HIS story.  And, well, can't forget the baby girl, either! :)  Her story is equally important -- and a little fresher in my memory.


In retrospect, the words should have gone all the way across the top of both pages, and then continued across the bottom since this is a 2 page layout, but too late now!  I also think these pages look a little masculine, which wasn't my intention.  But, beginnings have to start somewhere!  While I would consider myself an avid and experienced stamper, I feel like SUCH a newbie when it comes to scrap booking.  A whole new field, and that huge 12x12 expanse to balance and conquer.  Truly an art!  I've made several more pages since this one, though, and I can see improvements with each one.  I am planning to start a hostess Scrappers club which will meet every other month, and we will do a 2 page 12x12 layout -- what better way to get myself scrap booking than to teach it! :)  So, join my club and I promise we'll make some amazing layouts as well as explore some great techniques.
Supplies:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy
Stamps: Retired "Wanted" stamp set
Accessories: Big Shot plus the Tasteful Trims XL die, square lattice embossing folder, Serrif Essentials upper case alphabet dies, retired 3 flower punch, Basic Pearls, Fancy Flower punch, Decorative Label punch, retired Tangerine Tango striped ribbon.

Happy Scrapping!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment