Saturday, October 15, 2011

Printed Petals Note Card Set

Printed Petals stamp set, is another little treasure that I've had on my wish list for a while, and low and behold! it's on sale this month -- 30% off!  Only $10.47 for the clear mount version!  What a fantastic deal -- I certainly couldn't resist. :)



I used one of the skinny silver tins from the SU clearance rack.  I covered it with brand new designer paper -- Flower Garden series -- from the Summer Mini.  Such vibrant, summery colors!  The dimensions for the papers to cover the tin:



Outside Lid: 5 1/2 x 2 1/2" x 2

Inside lid and bottom of tin: 5 1/2 x 4 7/8" x 2

I used the tin itself for my template to round the corners -- lay the tin on your paper, trace corners with a pencil, and then trim.  To put the paper inside the tin, I used double sided tape -- and just put a little in each corner and the middle.  For the outside of the tin, use the Big Shot adhesive sheets -- apply the to the backs of your paper sheets, peel and stick!





For the note cards, I used the SU note cards -- you get 20 in a pack for $5.95 -- pg 171.  I folded each card in half, then trimmed 1/8" off the top and side of each card.  I then mounted them on coordinating card stock panels (5 x 3 1/2") -- to match the designer paper I used -- 1 each of Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Pacific Point.  I stamped the large flower in coordinating colors, and then stamped the smaller flowers and cut them out for center focal points.  Yes, even I who hate cutting stuff out, decided these little flowers would look better cut, since I don't have a punch that would PUNCH them out!

I recently got Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, and am realizing how very versatile it is!  Perfect size for punching out with the Modern Label punch or the Word Window punch.  On these cards, I added a little sentiment on the bottom of each card.

Wouldn't these make the cutest little teacher gifts?

For the embellishment around the tin, I used a 2 x 12" strip of textured Pacific Point card stock -- punched the edges with the heart border punch, and wrapped it around the tin -- it's a tight fit, but works -- then secured the ends together on top, and added the punched scallop image (from the same stamp set), and a button with Pretty in Pink ribbon threaded through -- and some lovely retired Melon Mambo polka dotted ribbon.  The belly band slips off the tin easily, so it can be put back on.



No comments:

Post a Comment