Thursday, February 23, 2012

Clear Block background stamping



Here is another card we are doing at my upcoming Techniques Club class -- featuring the clear block background stamping technique.

I started with a 3 3/4 x 5" Watercolor paper panel.  I then inked up my size E clear block with Crumb Cake ink and then spritzed it liberally with water -- you want to see the water beading up a little, but not running down the block in rivers. :)  Next, stamp the block onto your water color paper -- holding the block in place for a few seconds while the paper absorbs the image.  Let you panel dry for a little while (or heat with a heat gun) before stamping the Field Flowers images in Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush, and Wisteria Wonder inks.  Use a sponge dauber and Concord ink to add the dark purple around the entire edges of your water color panel.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I then spritzed my completed stamped panel with my home-made Champagne shimmer mist (Champagne shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol) -- this final spritzing lets the Concord ink edging blend a little into the water color paper, creating a much more subtle look -- AND makes your project incredibly sparkly!

And that's pretty much it!  I used my most favorite new product -- the Lables Framelits -- to stamp the sentiment on, and added some basic Rhinestones for bling. 

Color palette: Water color paper, Wild Wasabi card stock and ink, Concord Crush card stock and ink, Wisteria Wonder card stock and ink.

Enjoy! and if you're excited to make this card, come to my Techniques club on March 9th at 6:30 and try this out for yourself! :)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment