Monday, February 27, 2012

Just for him -- birthday card

In my upcoming Card Buffet on March 18th, we will be making this simple Masculine birthday card.  Now, I admit, I have a hard time making cards for the guys! cause 99.9% of my stamps are flowers!!!  Yes, I LOVE flowers -- in real life, AND in stamps, too, obviously...  So, when sorting through my stamps, I landed on the Just Believe stamp set, which has a nice little leafy branch silhouette, perfect for what I had in mind...

I embossed my Crumb Cake card base with the Striped embossing folder -- ANOTHER freebie during Sale-a-bration!  I cut Vanilla and Early Espresso die cuts with my Labels Framelits -- I LOVE these babies!  I think I have already gotten my money's worth out of them, I've used them so much.  I stamped the branch in Early Espresso on the Vanilla label die cut, then sponged the top half with Pumpkin Pie ink, and the bottom half with So Saffron ink -- to give a bit of a sunset appearance.  A strip of Mocha Morning designer paper along the bottom, and some retired Early Espresso satin ribbon, and here you are!
I added a glitter brad from the Basic Glimmer Brads pack, to give that little extra special touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment