Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet Inspired by Nature

Inspired by Nature is one of those classics that will remain in my collection for a long time -- even though it IS retiring at the end of May.  Of course, I love cone flowers and black eyed susans anyways, so this stamp just speaks to me...


For this card, I wanted a more subtle effect, so I used a Confetti White Top Note die cut, and stamped the grasses in Certainly Celery ink.  I then inked up the flowers in Pink Pirroette ink, and dipped a sponge dauber in Rose Red ink, and added ink to the cones of the flowers, and highlighted the edges of the leaves with the inked dauber, and then stamped it over the grasses.  Of course, a little dazzling diamonds glitter added with a two way glue pen to the flower centers makes the card pop.  A little strip of designer paper from the Beau Chateau pack punched along one edge with the eyelet border punch, and some Certainly Celery satin ribbon -- and this card is done!  A ten-minutes-or-less beautiful little card!  We will be making this at my upcoming Going, Going, Gone! card buffet. 

If you simply must have this stamp for YOUR collection of classics, be sure to get it before it retires on May 31st and will no longer be available for purchase -- except maybe on E-bay for crazy prices!

Happy Saturday, and Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment