Friday, June 21, 2013

Regarding Dahlias = Happy!

On my first browse through the new SU catalog, the "Regarding Dahlias" stamp set was at the very tip top of my (huge) list...  Love the simplicity and simple beauty of this set. But,... of course, I DO love flowers -- I always have ever since I was a little girl...

I decided I wanted to try it first in Black and white and yellow.  This is a card we will be making at my upcoming New Catalog Open House.  The designer paper used here is from a new DSP pack -- Quatrefancy Specialty DSP.  To color the dahlia, I first stamped it in black ink on whisper white card stock, then used a sponge dauber and added Daffodil Delight ink to the center and fading out to the outside petals with a sponge dauber.  I then did a little fussy cutting and plopped it on my card.  Other products used on this card, are the new Artisan Label punch and the not-so-new Hexagon folder.  Of course, a girl has to add just a little sparkle, so I used my faithful two way glue pen and added some dazzling diamonds glitter as well as some basic rhinestones colored black with my Sharpie. :)



For this next card, I tried playing with a new In Color -- Strawberry Slush.  It is a beautiful, non-offensive pink, if you know what I mean. :)  Not Pepto Bismol ish, too be exact....  I used the new Deco Label Framelits.  I love the shape of these new framelits.  I know they will see many a project in my home!  Also, the new magnetic platform is worth all of it's $39.95 price!!!!!  It holds your framelits perfectly still so they don't move when you put that baby through your Big Shot!  No more sticky notes to hold your framelits in place needed!  Love, Love, LOVE this new product.  Ok, on with the card. :)  Used the Quatrefancy DSP again on this card, as well as the fancy fan embossing folder.  This card is a little less work than the yellow one in that there is no fussy cutting -- simply stamped my dahlia on the deco label die cut.

Happy Friday and Happy first day of summer to each of you, and may you get your stamping mojo on -- if you're not out camping this weekend, that is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment