Friday, June 14, 2013

Wilted Ribbon Flower wine tag

Good Morning, Friends!  The kids are still in bed, and I am posting to my neglected blog.  Yippeeee!:) 

At my last stampers' club, we made this wilted ribbon flower on a wine tag.  This technique works amazingly with satin ribbon, which SU no longer carries, so I used our white organdy ribbon, and showed the gals how to dye the ribbon Rich Razzleberrry to match the tag, simply by pressing the white ribbon into the Razzleberry ink pad, and giving a few drags across the pad until the desired purple was achieved.  For this flower, I used 25" of ribbon, and for the base of the flower, I applied some sticky sheets to whisper white card stock, and then cut circles with my Circles #2 die -- using the second largest circle.  Of course, SU now has jumbo sticky rounds -- which would make this even easier.  Pull off a sticky round, apply it to card stock, trim it down to the size you need and you're set.  I saw how to make these flowers on this video tutorial. 

Without further ado, here is what we made!



Isn't that flower just gorgeous?  You could use it for so many applications -- scrap booking, hair bows, lovely gift wrapping, etc.  The colors used here, are Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, and Pretty in Pink (a now retired color).  That beautiful stamp that serves as the "stem" for the flower, is from the "Everything Eleanor" stamp set -- LOVE that flourish!  It is so elegant and a tad bit vintage.  I don't generally do vintage well, but I admire those who do!

Happy Friday, Everyone!  and be sure to check out the new amazing SU catalog!  More hot-off-the-press projects coming soon.

Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment