Friday, July 5, 2013

Mad for Mosaics

The new Mosaic Madness stamp set and matching punch and embossing folder, is designed for a bit of a modern look, I think, but I've been enjoying some non-traditional uses for it, too.  I've been envisioning a poinsettia with this punch and stamp set, and finally had some time to play with it earlier this week.  The hostess for one of my club classes this month, wanted to do a "Christmas in July" theme for the projects, so I had a good excuse to try the poinsettia hanging out in my mind's eye!:)

The colors I chose, are Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, and Sahara Sand.  Also used some of the Champagne shimmer paper for the center of the flower and the border along the bottom -- just punches with the mosaic punch lined up under the designer paper strip.


Here's another flower card using a new In Color that I LOVE -- Coastal Cabana -- and I paired it with Island Indigo and accents of Pumpkin Pie DSP from the Quatrefancy DSP pack.  Check out that cute little candy dot used to accent the flower.  They are a new product that comes in all of our core colors -- here I used a Tempting Turquoise one which matched my color scheme quite well.


And NOW for a more traditional use of this stamp set and punch -- we made this card at my recent New Catalog Open House.  It uses the exact same colors and products as the above card, but what a different look!



Ok!  that's it for today!  Must get something done around here besides being on my computer. My kids are both sleeping in, as we stayed out till almost 1 last night watching fire works and such.  We had a grand time, but little Bina was pooped.  She kept asking if she could "take a nap" at around 10 pm.  What a little pumpkin!  Love her to pieces, I do!  And my little/big 8 year old was having the time of his life playing with sparklers and overseeing his Daddy's fireworks display plans!  Love my kiddos.  They're great -- most of the time! :)

If you haven't heard, there is a July special:  buy three packs of DSP and get the fourth FREE!  Gotta love free!

No comments:

Post a Comment