Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pennant Parade Christmas!

Happy Saturday morning to you!  Before I head off to the market to see what's new, I'll share another little Christmas card from my "Christmas in July" stampers club.  For this card, I was showing them how to make a 3-D little Christmas tree, that folds flat to mail.


The colors used here are Midnight Muse, Soft Sky -- a returning color from the past, Gumball Green and Whisper White.  For the little trees, I simply stamped the banner images and punched them out with the Pennant builder punch, and for the 3-D tree, I stamped three trees in Gumball Green ink on the same cardstock, and punched them out, folded them in half, and glued the halves together -- putting the "seam" towards the back when I adhered it to the card.  So simple, but looks so super cute!  For the snowflakes on the Midnight Muse, I used the Illuminate ink pad -- it is like a shimmery Versamark.  Love how it looks glimmery in real life.  These snow flake images are from the Snowflake Soiree stamp set from last year's Holiday mini.  Even though this set is not featured in the catalog, it is still available to order.  I was so happy as I LOVE this snowflake set.  One of the prettiest ones we've ever had.

For the "snow", I took a strip of Whisper White card stock -- 2 1/4" by 5 1/4"-- and tore it in half lengthwise in a bumpy pattern, adhered my strips to the base, and then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the torn edges with my two way glue pen.  Gives such a lovely look of snow, with so little effort!

Ok!  I'm off to the market now, with my kiddos in tow, as Jon is working today.  Should be fun. :)  Kettle corn here we come!

If you haven't seen it yet, the special this month is free DSP -- Buy three packs of DSP and get the fourth FREE!  Whoo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment