Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Father's Day Silhouette

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Here is a quick card to share with you from my last Stampers' hostess club last Sunday.  This stamp set, Serene Silhouettes, is one of my all time favorites.  The tree can create a cool African safari type look, like I did on this brayered sky card or just a simple sponging effect like this one, and the branch with the birds on it makes an awesome Christmas card -- with the branch sticking out of a glittery snow bank.  Yep! versatile set that I reach for over and over.  AND it's carrying over to the new catalog, so it will still be available for purchase.

I have had a request to make my club cards a little less complicated, so I tried my bestest to do that this time around.  This card looks hard and has a lot of layers, but is actually pretty easy.  I stamped the Island Indigo panel in Island Indigo ink with the Hardwood background stamp -- from the Occasions catalog.  Then, I stamped the tree in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched out a circle from a  sticky note with my 1 1/4" circle punch, and placed the circle where I wanted the "moon" to appear.  I then sponged the panel with Island Indigo ink at the top and Old Olive ink at the bottom.  Some linen thread wrapped around and some of the Naturals wood buttons and ta da! and nice little masculine card for you that you could use for any occasion.

Colors used in this card: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Island Indigo and Very Vanilla card stock.  Inks: Old Olive, Island Indigo,  and Early Espresso.  The dimensions for the card stock: Early Espresso -- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2", Old Olive -- 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" and 3 3/4 x 2 1/2", Island Indigo -- 4 x 5 1/4", Very Vanilla -- 3 1/2 x 2 1/4 and 4 x 5 1/4".  There are a lot of layers to this card, but I felt they were all needed to tie it together beautifully.  And, after all, it's a stampers techniques club card, so it needs to be amazing, right? :)


The new catalog is right on the horizon!  It goes live June 2nd -- and the last day to order from the current catalog, is June 4th, so there is a little crossover of the two where you can order from both for a couple of days.  I am planning a New Catalog Open House in late June, so stay tuned for those juicy details coming up.  I have created some super cute samples using the brand new In Colors and some new stamps and accessories.  There will be great food, great stamping, a bunch of discounted retired products to shop, and BEST OF ALL!, this is a FREE class.  So round up some crafty friends and plan to attend!  Date to be determined very soon.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment