Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

Happy Friday, Everyone -- AND Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!  I have the utmost respect for our teachers -- in my opinion, they have the hardest job of all, and I truly appreciate their commitment to their students.  I am involved in the PTO for my son's school, and headed up the teacher appreciation gifties again this year.  I planned a simpler batch of gifts this time, so it wouldn't be so very time consuming for the "faithful five" who I knew would show up to help me make them.:)

This first one is made with my new favorite tool -- the scalloped tag topper punch from the Occasions catalog.  Simply cut a strip of card stock 8 1/2 by a hair less than 2" -- score it appropriately to accommodate the treat of your choice, then punch each end and tie it up into an easy peezy treat holder that looks like it took much more time than it actually did!  A VERY great idea when you're cranking out 75 of them.  We gave out gifts on Mon, Wed and Friday this week.  This was the Monday gift.  A free coffee was the Wed gift, and a darling little pansy pot was the Friday gift.






We made the star ones for the guy teachers, and the little rolled flower ones for the girl teachers.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp the backgrounds for the boy ones -- such a great versatile set for so many applications, and used my favorite flourish stamp from the Everything Eleanor stamp set for the girl gifties.  Of course, I used a bunch of my retiring stash of card stock and DSP  and ribbon for these, as well.

For our Friday gift, we gave out these little flower pots.  Our good PlantLand friends provided the lovely pansies at a reduced cost to put in the little clay pots.  I cut the four packs apart and put a little single pansy into each clay pot.  My wonderful crafty friend, Leah, spent an entire evening cutting out all these little flags and hot glueing them to skewers to stick into the pots.  This stamp is from a new set in the Occasions catalog, Starburst Sayings -- that coordinates with the Starbust framelits.  I helped deliver all of these little flowers this morning and it was priceless to see the smiles on so many faces!




To all you teachers out there: Happy Teacher Appreciation week!

No comments:

Post a Comment