Monday, January 19, 2015

Perfect Peacock meets the Blendies

Ok, one more before my coffee is finished! :)

I have loved the Perfect Peacock stamp since it came out in the catalog last July, and finally got around to ordering it.  While this stamp is gorgeous meticulously colored in using the Blendabilities markers, I wanted to show a way to use it at my club that required a little less work.  So, here is what I came up with.  Please drop me a comment to let me know what you think!  I have to say, I was really pleased with how this came out!  Gorgeous and not hard to do.

Start by stamping the peacock in Versamark on your black panel, and embossing with white embossing powder.  Then use the darkest of each of these Blendabilites marker sets: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, and Daffodil Delight.  I started by coloring the whole tail blue with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities marker, then used the Rich Razzleberry marker to highlight the feathers.  Much easier than coloring each feather individually.  Those little blue sequins are a new product in the Occasions catalog -- Bermuda Bay sequin trim.  The little scalloped strip on the edge of the black, is a strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock punched with the dotted scalloped ribbon border punch.  We just hid most of it under the black panel so we would have just a tiny border.  The card stock base is Bermuda Bay.

I thought this was a great way to showcase another use for the Blendabilites markers besides traditional coloring.  These amazing markers are available as a freebie with a $50 order during Sale-a-bration!  I am SOOO excited about this, as I love these markers and wanted to get a few more colors that I hadn't gotten yet.

Visit my website to learn more!

Ok! Off to ski with my kiddos!




3 comments:

  1. The colors just pop! Beautiful card, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisha! :) Your comment made my day!

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful done on black. Your technique sounds easy enough and I think I'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete