Monday, January 19, 2015

Sweet, sweet Lotus Blossom!

Happy Monday, Everyone!

My kids don't have school today, so it's a lazy morning.  Plans to go skiing a little later, but thankfully, we don't have to be out the door before 8:30 as on ski lessons day, so Woo Hoo! Going to drink my coffee and post to my neglected blog. :)

The new Sale-a-bration freebie stamp set, Lotus Blossom, jumped off the page at me the first time I saw it.  Such a gorgeous stamp set that is a bit different than any we've had before, because this is a THREE step stampin' set -- yes! three images that you stamp on top of each other to create this three toned flower!  In my opinion, this set is well worth the $50 purchase to get it free.  Another cool feature, when you open your stamp set, you will notice that there is a little tab at the top of each of the flower stamps to help you orient which way is up, AND, they also have the stamps numbered on the image sheet -- 1, 2, and 3 so you know which image to stamp first, second and third.  So, here is how you stamp them for the best results: Stamp the smallest flower image (#1) in your darkest ink (here I used Blackberry Bliss), your medium image (#2) in a medium colored ink (here I used Perfect Plum) and your largest image (#3) in your lightest ink (Wisteria Wonder used here).  So, in a condensed sentence, stamp from your smallest to greatest sized images in your darkest to lightest ink choices.  We made this card in my last stampers club.  Love how easy it is to make a really amazing flower with it.  When the card was completed, I used a little Dazzling details and "colored" on the flower tips to add some dimension and sparkle.  Love how it turned out.  This set would be perfect to whip up a big stack of thank you notes with.  Easy and beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment