Saturday, April 9, 2016

Spring is here!!!


It's that time of year, when there's a beautiful, sunny day and it totally convinces you that EVERYthing can be planted in the garden, RIGHT NOW, and that summer will be here TOMORROW!... Today is such a day.  The kids (and I) practiced their running for cross country, played football in the yard, and tossed water balloons until everyone was soaked and freezing!  But, oh, the sunshine feels so very good!...  Now for ice-cream at sweet peaks....

We made this cutie pie layout at my scrap class last night.  I was in the mood for something colorful and a little whimsical and different than my usual, so this is what I came up with!  I made a cardboard "tree pattern", and we traced it on the back of adhesive backed felt that we could then cut out, and peel and stick to the layout.  I recently got the Blossom Bunch Punch from the Occasions catalog, and  hadn't had a chance to play with it yet.  I was really surprised at how lovely the little flowers look layered together. Quite a different look than any punches I've owned.  The little stacked flowers remind me of darling scrap booking embellishments you can find at craft stores sometimes.  Only, with this punch, you can make any combination to match any project you please!  Sometimes it is so refreshing to have a nice splash of color in your scrap book pages, and this one fits the bill!

For the leaves, we used the festive flower punch.  Quick, easy, yet quite a statement.  I had a ton of this retired Designer paper stacks, and we made a really good dent in it with this class!  Now, that means I can buy the updated version.  Yippee skippee! :)

Hope all my peeps enjoyed making it as much as I did!

Ok! Ice cream time.  Happy trails to you and yours!






No comments:

Post a Comment