Saturday, May 7, 2016

"By the Tide's" final debut

Happy Saturday!  Before the day gets crazy, I might as well post to my neglected blog while I enjoy my coffee!...

This card is one we are doing for my stampers' techniques club this month.  This stamp set, "By the Tide" is on the retiring list. :(  So sad, I love this set, and won't be getting rid of it, as it's a perfect realistic "ocean" type of set with the coral and fish and adorable sea horses.  I've used it for many projects -- from scrap pages to cards.

The hostess this month, wanted to use this set for a Father's Day card, so we are doing the "faux tile" technique -- read all about how to do these techniques in these posts.

Card stock colors I've used here are: Island Indigo, Soft Suede, and Whisper White.  That cute banner for the sentiment, comes from the "Number of Years" bundle -- a very useful set of dies and stamps!  The card base, is stamped in Island Indigo ink with the nautical looking stamp from another retiring set -- Open Sea.  It's a great stamp for adding that nautical touch to your project.  Ink colors used: Island Indigo, Cameo Coral, Memento Black, Soft Suede.  I strategically sponged my card to give the effect that sunlight is shining through the water to the ocean floor -- kind of highlighting the sentiment.  It's hard to photograph, but the fish panel is shiny -- just like tile -- since it's embossed with clear embossing powder.  Fun look!





No comments:

Post a Comment