Saturday, May 7, 2016

World of Dreams Congrats card

The stamp set, World of Dreams, is also retiring this year.  It is another favorite of mine -- the silhouette images are really perfect for all your "scene" types of cards -- where you want a silhouette in the foreground, and mountains, or whatever, in the background -- like in this post.  I used this same set to make a Mother's Day card -- with little pearls in the nest for the eggs. :)  Sweet!  You can see that card in this post -- just scroll on down a ways, as it's towards the bottom of that post.

Another retiring product that I'm super sad to see retire, is the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.  This little flower is one I use ALL the time -- and it pairs perfectly with the orchid stamp from World of Dreams.  For the "vase" on this card, I used the intricate ornament dies and layered two of them together and cut off the tip to make it flat like the bottom of the vase.  Clever use for your ornament dies, that isn't Christmas. The silver fancy foil vellum is another beautiful product that's retiring.  It comes in silver and gold, and I discovered I had an entire pack of the silver that that I hadn't used at all, so decided it would be perfect for this graduation card.  Hint: when you're gluing down vellum, you will see the glue through it, so if using this patterned vellum, put your glue where the silver stripes are, as then it won't show when you attach it to your card.

I did the "vase" a couple different ways -- first I made the base vase Blackberry Bliss with silver foil layered on top, and second I made the base silver foil, and layered black on top. Not really sure which one I like better...  What do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment