Saturday, May 14, 2011

A birthday card he'll love!


The next time you feel challenged trying to come up with a masculine card, try this Inlaid Embossing technique using just a bunch of circle punches and the square lattice embossing folder!  I punched a variety of circles out of More Mustard, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Early Esspresso and arranged them in a random pattern on an Early Esspresso panel.  After gluing them all in place, I embossed the panel in my Big Shot using the Square lattice embossing folder.  The result is so unique and interesting!  I then mounted this panel onto a folded Soft Suede card and added the Happy Birthday sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set) -- punched out with the Word Window punch, and then mounted onto the Modern Label punch out.  For the final embellishment, I added Basic Rhinestones to the sentiment -- coloring them with my colored sharpies, to match.

My inspiration for this card, came from this (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1807770?cat=500&ppuser=132623) card I saw on Splitcoaststampers.  I think this card could be easily adapted to a graduation card -- using the colors of the school -- or a baby girl card using a variety of shades of chocolate and pink.

We will be making this card at my upcoming Father's Day class on June 12th.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment