Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Simple Friendship" ideas

The stamp set, "Simple Friendship", had been on my wish list for a while, now, and when I realized it was 30% off this month (click on the "shop now" button to view the special -- sorry my sidebar button doesn't work), I just had to get it!  I challenged myself to use Concord Crush -- one of our current In Colors.  I really do like this color, just never seem to use it.  The butterfly in this set is lovely.  I haven't had time to play yet, but I also envision a card stamping this butterfly in Poppy Parade and layering black and poppy butterflies on top using the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  It would make a really elegant red and black card...  When I have some time to play, I'll give it a try. :)  Until then, these will have to suffice.  The colors used here are Concord Crush, Perfect Plum and Wild Wasabi.  I colored some of the Basic Rhinestones black for the butterfly's body, and purple for the flower centers.  A little paper piercing in the corner to add interest, and plenty of Dazzling Diamonds glitter accents -- applied with the two way glue pen.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment