Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sweet Floral in Emboss Resist





These cards were inspired by a card I saw on splitcoaststampers -- http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2028019?cat=fav  I absolutely love the effect created here!  First, I stamped a Vanilla panel with the En Francais background stamp in Crumb Cake ink.  I swiped my embossing buddy all over the panel, then, stamped Sweet Floral in Versamark ink on top.  Embossed that with clear embossing powder, then sponged either Marina Mist or Cajun Craze ink and Early Esspresso ink all over the images using sponges and sponge daubers as well as direct-to-paper with my ink pads.  Finally, I used a tissue to rub over the embossed images to remove the excess ink.  The little butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit, and of course, I spritzed them with my home made Champagne shimmer mist to make them sparkly.  I plan to make a wall decor project using this idea and the Fancy Fan letterpress plate that I have recently purchased.
To make the copper colored pearls on the top right corner of the Cajun card, I used my trusty brown Sharpie to color my pearls.  Love how easy it is to change the look with just a pack of colored Sharpies!!!
Supplies:
Card stock: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Early Espresso
Ink: Marina Mist, Early Epresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Versamark
Stamps: Sweet Floral, En Francaise, Tiny Tags
Accessories: retired chocolate chip 5/8" grossgrain ribbon, Marina Mist Satin ribbon, Tiny Tag punch, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Basic Pearls, Early Espresso bakers twine, champagne shimmer mist
Enjoy! and tell me what you think! :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on these cards and the technique.
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth I can see why you were inspired by Julie Gearinger's card it was beautiful. Yours are equally beautifully. Wow beautiful and amazing results and I love the coloured pearls tip. Never thought of using sharpies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! This is a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You've chosen exactly the right combination of stamps for this fantastic technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! These are amazing! I've got to follow you! Love your whole blog! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    Thanks for your recent visit to my blog too:)
    Pretty Pastimes

    ReplyDelete