Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tim Holtz look, using SU inks!

First of all, THANK YOU! for all the kind comments about my last posting!  I always love to read each and every one!...

I received another beautiful card from my friend, Audrie, in Seattle, and was inspired to create my own version of her card.  (I don't have a photo of her card to share, but all of the design credit definitely goes to Audrie Magno-Gordon -- look up her blog, it's GREAT!)  To create the "Tim Holtz" type of background, I used Lucky Limeade and Pool Party ink pads -- drug them across the white panel until the color was pretty solid.  I then let it dry a little, and stamped the flowers in Black Craft ink -- this gives the flowers a more opaque look.  They would look even MORE awesome if I had embossed them with clear embossing powder, but that wasn't in the cards for today. Ha ha! :)


It's hard to see in the photos, but I embossed a Pool Party panel to place over the Pool Party card base -- I used the new Houndstooth embossing folder on one of the cards.  Also featured here, is the NEW ruffled ribbon in the Pool Party color!  It adds such a classy touch!  Of course, once again, I reached for my Basic Pearls -- and also spritzed my card with my home-made shimmer mist! (rubbing alcohol and Champagne Shimmer paint in a misting bottle!)
Supplies List:
Card Stock: Pool Party, Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Inks: Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Basic Black, Craft Black
Stamps: Just Believe, Tiny Tags
Lace Ribbon Punch, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Basic Pearls, Ticket Corner punch, Houndstooth and Sqaure Lattice embossing folders

Happy Creating!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment