Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Spice Cake" Notepad holder

If you haven't seen the new Spice Cake Designer Series paper, you've gotta check it out!  It's in the new Holiday mini, and I love the colors and patterns in it.  It isn't your plain ole traditional fall papers -- has a touch of class and other colors besides the traditional fall -- like Pool Party! one of my all time favorites...  I decided to create this lovely notepad holder using it.  This is another project we will make at my upcoming Fall Stamp Camp Extravaganza in October. 
Here is the inside:
Isn't that the greatest gift idea?  It uses one of our bulk clear mount stamp cases, a little junior legal pad from Staples (I cut about an inch off the bottom to make it fit), a little pocket on the inside for Receipts, and some flower burst embosslit die cuts, the five petal flower punchEyelet border punch, word window punch, modern label punch and the large lace ribbon border punch
The dimensions for cutting the paper are:
Outside cover: 10 5/8 x 7"
Inside pocket: 7 1/2 x 4"
Note book topper: 5 x 2" plus a scrap of DSP to put on top of the Pool Party

I put all of my embellishments on my inside cover piece, then slid it inside the little plastic sleeve that goes over the stamp case.  So, the paper and your embellishments are completely protected.
To make the little receipts pouch, I just scored the sides and attached it to the case using Sticky Strip on the sides and bottom.  I printed the word, "receipts", on my printer and punched them out for the label. 
Isn't this the greatest thing to toss in your purse and never worry about it getting rumpled?  You can use it to keep track of life, doodle when you're board, keep the kids happy while waiting for the doctor, plan your Christmas lists EARLY, give it to a teacher for a lovely back-to-school gift... The options are endless!
Come make some for yourself! :)
Happy stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment