Wednesday, October 15, 2014

By the Tide meets Faux Tile technique

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Here is a swap I made for a techniques swap I participated in this past SU Convention.  My chosen technique, was the "faux tile" technique.  I wanted to create the look of light shining through ocean waters -- highlighting the sea shell on the ocean floor.



I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp the splatters on the folded Island Indigo card base.  The other card stock colors used here are Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, and Whisper White.  I scored my panel on my diagonal score plate first, then I stamped the shell in Crisp Cantaloupe ink, the coral in Soft Suede ink, and the sea horses and splatters in Island Indigo.  After I finished my stamping, I sponged the panel in Island Indigo ink and Soft Suede along the bottom.  The final step, is to completely coat the panel in Versamark ink and then emboss it with clear embossing powder.  The result is a shiny tile look.  I used the Delicate Designs embossing folder to add texture to the Coral strip on the front, and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch for the Soft Suede accent.  My fellow swappers at Convention really liked my card, which made me feel really special.  One gal said to me that she has been swapping for years, and this is the very best swap she had ever received.  I think that possibly may be the best compliment I have ever received!  It so made all the work I put into it worth it.

For more details of how to do the Faux Tile technique, visit this blog post: http://stampedwithflair.blogspot.com/2014/03/faux-tile-technique-meets-lovely-as-tree.html

If you haven't checked out this weeks weekly deals, hop on my website and check them out!  The Darling Doily Die is on sale!  I LOVE this die, and it is so easy to pop out compared to the old one we used to have.  Several other Big Shot options on there, too.  The little decorative window gift boxes are also on sale -- 6 of them for $3.71!  These are perfect boxes to put treats in at Christmas time.  Just sayin'...

Have a great day, Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment