Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sunset by the sea -- Wetlands stamp set

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

I have been personally challenging myself to create at least one masculine card at every stampers' club class, so this is what we made for my Sept class.  I have seen many cards made with the Wetlands stamp set, and just love this stamp of the birds on the beach.  I wanted to show case reverse masking, and regular masking, and also the piercing templates and paper piercer that I have not show cased nearly enough.



I started by creating my "reverse mask" -- a pc of scrap card stock 4 x 5 1/4" that I centered one of the Labels framelits on and die cute it.  I stamped the birds and the grasses in Memebto Tuxedo Black ink.  I then laid my reverse mask on my card front and sponged on Coastal Cabana and Soft Suede inks.  I started with the Soft Suede and created my sand, I then stuck a 1 3/8" punched sticky note circle where I wanted my setting sun or moon to be.  I then sponged my Coastal Cabana ink on the top half until I was happy with the sky.  I then removed my sticky note mask and sponged a little Daffodil ink in there to make it look like a setting sun.  The final step was using the piercing template that matches the Labels framelits, to add the paper piercing around the focal image.  Subtle effect, but none-the-less gorgeous.  This card was a hit with all my class participants, and got some more tools in their hands to try.  That's what it's all about, right?

The card base was Coastal Cabana and the mat was Soft Suede.

New weekly deals just came out yesterday!  Check them out here: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1634

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment