Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bloomin' Love is so elegant!


Another favorite product from the Occasions catalog, is the Bloomin' Love bundle.  That beautiful intricate heart die cut, is so beautiful in real life!  And there are two little flower dies that coordinate with the stamps in the stamp set, so you can die cut the little flowers to layer onto the heart die cut.  Here is a card we made at my last Stampers club class, as well as a scrap layout for my club this month.  LOVE this die set!  Perfect for wedding, Valentines, or even a family photo layout as I did here!

For this first card, I used a Crumb Cake card base, and embossed it with the Happy Heart embossing folder.  A 1" strip of the Blushing Bride glimmer paper, and a strip of DSP from the Love Blossoms DSP stack, makes a simple, yet striking base for the delicate heart.  I die cut the heart out of Whisper White, and stamped the flowers in Blushing Bride ink and die cut them to layer on top.  I also used my favorite new Clear Wink of Stella brush to add some sparkle to the heart. This stuff brushes on easily, dries quickly, and leaves behind a lovely little sparkly trail! 



 This layout is what we are making at our scrap club class next Friday.  I wanted to show case the Bloomin' Love bundle, since it is a February class, but also show how it can be used in a non-Valentine's way.  I kind of like the way it turned out, other than the fact that I glued the 'u' down backwards.  Oh well!
These were family photos that my friend, Gretchen Knuffke, took of our family last November.  I really loved how they turned out, and wanted to use them for this layout.  The base pages are Cherry Cobbler, with a strip of Basic Black at the bottom.  I used the border die from the new Botanical Blooms bundle to die cut that lovely vine border.  You could use the flower dies in the botanical die set, to do a flower/vine border and create a totally different look.  A little strip of DSP from the Timeless Elegance DSP across the bottom, with some croquet trim adds that little touch of vintage.  The photo mats are Sahara Sand, which for my layout, went nicely with the barn wood in the photos. Simple layout, really.  The hearts are die cut from Very Vanilla card stock, and I used the curvy corner trio punch to punch the corners of the photos.  This punch is a must have in my opinion.  It adds that special little touch to so many projects -- and you get three punching options in one punch!




Ok! that's it for today!  Off to watch my kiddo's basketball game!  If you haven't yet, check out the fun Sale-a-bration freebies, and remember, the ones at the back of the flyer are only available till Feb 16th, so get them while you can!  My personal fave of the ones that will be going away, is "The Sky is the Limit" set on page 16 with that darling plane in it.  This set is great for masculine cards, graduation, birthday, scrap titles, etc.  Super fun, versatile set.  See it on page 16 in the Sale-a-bration flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment