Saturday, February 13, 2016

Gorgeous Botanical Blooms!

I wasn't sure I was feeling the love for the  Botanical Blooms bundle when I first saw it in the Occasions catalog, but once I've started playing with this set, I've totally changed my mind.  First of all, for the price of $51.75, you get a pack of designer series paper, the Botanicals stamp set, and a large set of dies.  I was surprised when I saw this set in person, how many dies are included.  Made the price feel more justified.  Just sayin'!

The dimension of these flowers, is amazing.  The little petals are cut, so that you can curl up part of the petal while the other part is flat.  Unique.  I also love the leaf styles in this set.  The shapes are quite tropical -- and I can see that ferny leaf style working perfectly with a pine cone or Christmas ornament for a Christmas card.  By far, my favorite die in this set, is that little feathery flower stamen die that cuts that beautiful, delicate center for the flowers.  It is so pretty, and just makes me happy every time I look at it!  I also like the vine-like die that creates that cool edge on the right hand side.  Again, it's unique.  like nothing I've had before.  I recently posted a scrap layout here where I used this same die to create a scrap book border.

The sentiment on this card is from the Rose Wonder stamp set.  I like so many of the sentiments in this set, AND the fact that there is a stamp for the outside, as well as inside, of the card, made it a must have for me.

Card stock colors: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride, and So Saffron.


 Have a beautiful Saturday, Everyone! and I hope you have a little time to play today!

No comments:

Post a Comment