Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rose Wonder creations

Happy Saturday morning!  :)  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I've been playing a bit with the Rose Wonder bundle from the Occasions catalog.  I was intrigued by the uniqueness of these dies, because they are an outline of the image die, rather than a solid die as we have had before.  Kind of a fun twist!  Here are some creations I've made with this bundle:

This first one, I die cut out of Whisper White card stock, and then used a sponge dauber to add Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, and Mossy Meadow ink to the die cut to create the color variations.  I then glued it down to my Crumb Cake card base.  I was also playing around with the gold Wink of Stella brush and got a wee bit carried away and got gold ink where I didn't mean to, as you can see in the second picture.  This Wink of Stella stuff, comes in clear and gold and is featured in the new Occasions catalog.  Knowing how much I adore all that sparkles, it was on my first order!  You just brush it on where you want some sparkle, it dries quickly, and leaves a lovely little gold or glittery trail behind it.  LOVE!!!  I colored the insides of the little Lost Lagoon flower petals in as well.  Fun stuff!


For this next card, I wanted to try a mosaic type of look -- I die cut it in black, glued that outline down, then die cut the rose part out of the new Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and the leaves out of Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzaz card stock, and glued all the pieces back into the black die cut.  I found the easiest way to do this, was to put a little bit of Mono Multi glue into each space, then pick up the coordinating rose 'puzzle piece' and set it into it's slot.  I was going to do this card for the last club, but it is a wee bit tedious, so I changed my mind about that idea. :)  I might have had mutiny on my hands.....


For this final card, I used the die cut to create a stencil.  I die cut the rose/leaf image out of heavy weight Whisper White card stock, popped out the pieces, then used scotch tape to tape the die cut back into the piece I cut it from.  I then laid the stencil over the front card stock piece, and used a sponge dauber to add Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow ink over the stencil. 





 I think it's fun how much variety you can create with this bundle!  I hope you'll give these a try yourself. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment