Thursday, December 8, 2011

Simple JOY Christmas card


Needing a quick and easy Christmas card this year?  Try this JOY card -- I simply stamped the letters from the Lovely Letters Alphabet stamp set on vanilla card stock, punched them out with the 1 1/4" square punch, and then used the scalloped square punch to frame them in black.  I then punched the edge of a little strip of Wild Wasabi card stock with the scallop edge punch, and embossed it with the Snow Burst embossing folder.  Finally, for that dazzling strip of silver along the bottom, I put a line of sticky strip along the edge of the card, dumped some Silver Glass Glitter over it, shook off the excess, and then 'burnished' the glitter (i.e. rubbed it into the sticky strip by laying a doubled pc of scratch paper over it and smoothing with my bone folder) into the sticky strip.  That glitter adds such a striking touch -- a whole lot of bling for $3.95!  And, just in case there isn't enough bling for you, add some rhinestones colored red and green with my trusty Sharpies.  (Speaking of Sharpies, I just saw a pack of 24!  Makes my little 10 pack look pretty elementary! Now I think I NEED the 24 pack...:) 
One last subtle touch on this card --I used the Delicate Doilies stamp set to make a background on the Real Red base.  Adds just a little extra to the design.

Supplies:
Card stock: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Black, Real Red
Stamps: Lovely Letters Alphabet, Delicate Doilies
Punches: Scallop Square, scallop edge, 1 1/4" square
Accessories: Snow Burst embossing folder, Silver Glass glitter, sticky strip, Basic Rhinestones

Merry Christmas and Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment