Monday, December 5, 2011

Fall Scrap layout




Yes, I know, it's December and I'm just now getting around to uploading this Fall Scrap layout...  Better late than never, right? :)  The lighting wasn't the greatest in these shots, but you can still get the idea.  I used the gorgeous Spice Cake Designer paper, as well as More Mustard, Pool Party, and Soft Suede.  For the "Fall" chipboard letters, I first adhered the designer paper to chipboard using the Big shot Mulitpurpose adhesive sheets -- LOVE that stuff -- no waiting for glue to dry... I then cut the letters out using my Serif Essentials alphabet dies.  They add such dimension and uniqueness to this layout, I think.  And, of course, the little owls punched out with the owl punch, are an adorable touch.
To make the big sunflower, I used the Blossom Petals punch and punched out petals from the Spice Cake DSP, arranged them into a sunflower, added a crimped strip of Old Olive for a stem, plus a couple of leaves -- a perfect, happy sunflower!

Happy Scrapping to each of you!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, I like the clean and simple look of your pages and I wonder if you'd thought of journaling something about that particular day or activity to include in an open-up pocket behind a photo.....just to give your kiddies a special thought to remember once they're older and look at it on their own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea, MollyK! I did want to include more journaling somewhere in this layout, but just wasn't sure where to incorporate it. I'll think on that!

    ReplyDelete