Saturday, March 24, 2012

April scrap booking border swap

The theme for April's scrappy border swap, was summer or fall -- and I chose fall as I had some incredibly adorable fall pics of my baby girl to scrap.  It's a fall tradition in our family, to go to the pumpkin patch every year, so I have a back log of gorgeous fall photos begging to be put on pages!



I made the little 3-D pumpkin using my 1 3/8" circle punch -- layering 5 circles together that I punched out of some pre-embossed/inked pumpkin pie cardstock.  The cute embossed leaves along the border, are from the Bigz leaves die -- I cut the leaves out of Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and More Mustard cardstock, and then embossed them with various embossing folders.  I used some retired fall designer paper on my border, as well as a strip of Old Olive stamped with the French Foliage set.  The Lace border punch in Early Espresso, added the perfect edging I was looking for -- and the perfect element for bordering the photos on the right hand page.  "Autumn" is embossed in copper to add to my fall theme.

I'm so loving these border swaps, as they help me get more accomplished with my scrapping!  Here is a 2-page layout made with a border swap I received at last month's swap.  It went together so quickly, and officially marks the very first layout for my darling 6 year old son! LOL :)  Hey, gotta start somewhere!


Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment