Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kindness Matters...

This little stamp set, "Kindness Matters", is another freebie during Sale-a-bration.  I've had my eye on it for quite a while, and when it could be aquired for FREE, I was all over that! :) 

This is a simple card we will be making at my upcoming Card Buffet this Sunday.  It features the "poppin' pastels" technique.  Simply stamp the butterflies in Versamark ink on Vanilla card stock, dip Q-tips in the Stampin' pastels, and dab it on the butterflies -- the chalk sticks to the Versamark and makes the butterflies "pop" out from the background.  I then added a few speckles with my color spritzing tool and Soft Suede marker, and stamped the flourishes in Soft Suede as well.  For the background, I wanted to show how Versamark works perfectly to create a watermark type image -- note the butterflies stamped on the background of the folded Pacific Point card base.  It's a subtle effect, but adds dimension.

Of course, I used the Labels Framelits again -- love those little critters -- and some scalloped polka dotted Old Olive ribbon, as well. 

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment