Saturday, June 4, 2016

Always an Adventure camping layout

Happy Saturday!

On Thursday, I received a VERY special box on my doorstep.... new SU toys to play with!!!  I was incredibly excited to open that box and see them for myself.  I was planning to do a camping layout with the new Always an Adventure bundle for our next scrap club next Friday.  Isn't that the cutest little camping set you've ever seen! AND there are matching framelits so you can cut the little individual cuteness out easily.  My absolute favorite part of these framelits, are the little snow capped mountains.  Ridiculously cute!  Even if you aren't a scrapbooker, the ways to use this bundle are endless -- I can see a beautiful Christmas card using the trees and the mountains, a little boy's birthday invitation using that little tent and fire and camping sign, a Father's Day or birthday card for the outdoorsy guy...

These pictures were from a camping trip we went on last June -- to some property on Little Bitterroot Lake that my boss owns.  She was kind enough to let us camp there for the weekend, and boy, did we have a blast!  Jon had gotten me a new inflatable kayak for my birthday, so we gave it it's first tryout that weekend.  The water was still a little on the cold side, but the kids didn't seem to notice!  They played and swam and played some more.  Sabina tried out her new bike on this trip, too -- thus the helmet! Lots of new things -- all in one weekend!

Now for the layout -- the background is Pool Party, and the lighter green is a retired color, Gumball Green (that I happen to have a LOT of).  I wanted some purple mountains, to tie in with Sabina's jacket and helmet, so I cut some Wisteria Wonder mountains, as well as Crumb Cake and Gumball Green ones -- then layered them all together to make a border on the left side.  I made a little "hiking path" by just cutting a wavy line and then sponging the edges.  It adds to the scene. :)  I just had to make the tent orange, cause that seems to be a popular tent color, AND it was less boring than beige!  For the tree border on the right page, I simply cut two green borders with the line of trees framelits and layered them together to look like a forest.  The title, "A Camping we will go..." is a cute Sabina-ism. When we go hiking, she constantly sings that little song and we have to find rhymes for all the little animals... "A hiking we will go, a hiking we will go, we'll catch a 'fish' and give it a 'dish', and then we'll let it go..." By the time we get to where we're going, Jon and I are completely OUT of animal rhyming ideas!

One more new thing on this layout -- the new layering circle framelits -- for the sun.  This set has a lot of dies in it, and the nesting layers are much tighter -- so the little frame is about 1/8" rather than our old ones which were at least a 1/4".  AND there is a little scalloped frame to match each circle size!  Really useful for sentiments on cards, OR a sun! :)




 Today is a BIG day for our family!  Our new puppy is arriving!  Sabina is so excited she can hardly stand it.  Jon flew to Portland to pick it up, and will be coming home today around 3:30.  I know I will be hearing -- "When will Daddy be here?" at least 200 times between now and then....  Talk about cuteness overload!...  It's a boy puppy, and we are still deciding on a name, but "Bandit" has been in the lead so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment