Saturday, June 11, 2016

Shaker Cards!

Happy Saturday, Everyone!!!

Today, I have a couple of graduation shaker cards to share with you.  I love shaker cards, but hadn't found a good product to use for the dimensional foam part -- UNTIL NOW, that is!  SU came out with these fantastic foam adhesive strips in the new catalog, and these make shaker cards totally easy and fast!  I am so excited about this product.  No more trying to cut 1/2" foam tape in half with an exacto knife!!!  I used the hearth and home thinlets along with window sheets.  For this first one, I made a masculine looking card using the neutrals sequins for the shaker contents, and the now retired fancy silver foil vellum, and star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.  The second card, features a new In Color, my favorite, Sweet Sugarplum.  It is a beautiful orchid color that looks amazing with Rich Razzleberry -- as I've done here.  I had some silver micro beads hanging out in my stamp drawer for a very long time, and they matched our silver foil sheets perfectly! I used the Crazy for You stamp set and Hello You thinlets to die cut the word, "Happy", out of silver foil sheet.  I stamped a spring tree using the Sheltering Tree stamp set.  Did you notice that lovely ribbon on the second card?  It is the Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon!  I'll be honest, I haven't been that excited about our In Color ribbons in recent years, but THIS stuff is beautiful! and easy to tie.  I will be getting all the colors this time around!

For those cute little flowers on the second card, I grabbed my tree builder punch.  This punch is so versatile -- the tree topper makes the perfect cloud or scoop of ice cream or cupcake topper!  And, the little "rain drops" from the punch, make perfect leaves.





No comments:

Post a Comment