Saturday, June 11, 2016

New catalog Open House!

I am so thrilled with the new SU catalog this year.  I'm not sure I've been this excited about a new catalog in long time!  SO MANY beautiful new dies and products!

My New Catalog Open House is coming up next Friday, June 17th, at either 9 am or 6 pm.  We will be making 2 make 'n takes, featuring some of my favorite new products.

On this first card, we are using the new Irresistably Floral specialty DSP.  This paper has a white background, with an embossed design in it,s o when you add ink to it, the pattern pops.  There are also these new foam brayers which you just roll over your ink pad, and roll over your paper, then grab a paper towel to wipe off the excess ink, and Wa La you have this beautiful background in any color scheme you want!  Gorgeous and easy.  I paired two new In Colors, Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo inks together on this card -- such a pretty summer combo.  Those gorgeous little flower die cuts, are from the Flourish Thinlets.  Lovely little flowers and leaves and a die cut flourish in this set. The sentiment is cut with the new layering ovals dies.  This set of dies is a much tighter nested set of dies than the recently retired ones, and each oval has a coordinating little scalloped layer.  So cute!


 This card features one of my absolute favorite products in the new catalog -- the detailed floral thinlet dies.  These were first on my list of must haves.  So intricate and beautiful!  Again, I am using Sweet Sugarplum with Rich Razzleberry.  In the second photo, you can see how I used the clear Wink of Stella to color in a few of the big flowers in the design to add a bit of subtle, elegant shimmer.  Some silver Dazzling Details adds that little pop to the center of each flower.

Ok!  Off to make breakfast for my littles!

No comments:

Post a Comment