Monday, February 7, 2011

Blissful Elegance

Here is another simple card we will be making at my upcoming "Sale-a-bration card buffet".

The new, FREE, Sale-a-bration set called "Bliss", is simply -- elegant!  While I'm not generally inclined to use the word, "Bliss", on projects, the rest of this set is very versatile and easy to create with. This card is created entirely with this stamp set. That flourish stamped behind the butterfly is a great size -- not huge, but not tiny, either.  I know I will be reaching for this set for years to come.

My goal for this card, was to use a black and vanilla plus one neutral color scheme.  I used a strip of designer paper from the "Newsprint" series, and a piece of the croquet trim to tie it all together.  Add a couple of the basic pearls, (one of my most favorite new embellishments), and it's a perfect wedding or anniversary card!  Of course, the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder that I embossed the Sahara Sand background cardstock with, DEFINITELY makes the card as well.  LOVE that folder.  I reach for it all the time.

Supplies List:
Card stock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Newsprint DSP
Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Stamps: Bliss Sale-a-bration stamp set
Punches: ticket corner, scallop edge border, scallop oval, extra large oval
Big Shot plus Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
5/8" Victoria crochet trim
basic pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment