Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pink Dogwoods Build a Blossom



A few weeks ago, I posted some photos of dogwood blossoms I made with the new Blossom Petals punch.  I planned to try it making pink dogwood flowers, but just now finally got around to it.  We will be doing a version of this card at my April stamping class -- for a Mother's Day card.  For this card, I first stamped a 1 1/4" strip of Regal Rose card stock, with the Flourish stamp ( a FREE stamp you can get during Sale-a-bration!) with Regal Rose ink.  I then fed that strip into my petals punch and punched out the short/fat petal.  I then stacked two petals together, snipped the "tails" off (only about 1/8"), turned the stack around and took a "bite" out of the tips with the small round punch from the Itty Bitty punch pack.  After making the petal tips brown with my Early Espresso marker, and curling each petal with my bone folder, I spritzed all the petals with Champagne shimmer mist (add Champagne shimmer paint to rubbing alcohol, shake well, and spritz liberally for lots of sparkle!)  Here is a link to the previous post with more details. http://stampedwithflair.blogspot.com/2011/01/design-contest-dogwood-build-blossom.html

The colors used in this card are: Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White.

Happy stamping!



1 comment:

  1. Very, very nice. I love dogwoods. Thanks for sharing your awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete