Saturday, February 19, 2011

Frightfully Bright Blooms!


For those of you who follow my work, I'm not accustomed to using the really bright colors routinely, so this card was a stretch for me. :)  This the last of the 8 cards we are making at my SAB card buffet this weekend.  It features the little free ribbon and button pack Sale-a-bration item.  I LOVE that ribbon, and there are a lot of buttons so there's plenty left over for lots more projects.  The big flower is made using the new Fun Flowers die from the Occasions Mini.  I plan to work with this die a bit and come up with some more cute things.  One idea I have is to do a covered journals class and use this die with some of the Newsprint type designer papers to make a kind of vintage looking journal.  There are many possibilities! :)

Anyways, back to the card...  to make the stem, cut a 1/4" strip of olive card stock, run it through your crimper, and you have a cute stem that can be curved or bent however you like.  The "grass" is just a 1 1/2" strip of old olive that I used the Heart border punch to punch the edge of.  That's pretty much it -- a perfect little girl's birthday card!

Supplies list:
Card stock: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ice Cream Parlor ribbon and button pack -- FREE Sale-a-bration item
crimper
Blossom Petals punch (for the leaf), Heart border punch
Big Shot + Fun Flowers die, and various embossing folders -- polka dotted, vintage wallpaper, square lattice, finial press

No comments:

Post a Comment