Saturday, January 14, 2012

3-D Stamping Technique

Here is the second card we will be making at my techniques class coming up on Jan 20th -- "3-D stamping" is the featured technique.  First, to make the scallop shaped card base, I took a standard, A-2 sized Lucky Limeade card base -- adhered a 1" strip of designer paper from the "Everyday Enchantment" series (FREE paper you can get during Sale-a-bration) along the fold, then added a punched strip of Pool Party card stock (using the dotted scallop ribbon punch).  I lined up the fold on the top edge of the Scallop #2 Bigz die, leaving a few scallops sticking off the top -- ran that through my Big Shot, creating a darling scalloped card.
Now, for the focal image -- I used my new Labels framelit dies (from the Occasions Mini catalog) to cut a Calypso Coral die cut.  First, I stamped the flower image (from the "Fresh Vintage stamp set -- another free Sale-a-bration stamp set) in Poppy Parade ink.  Next, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp this same image onto an imaging sheet.  Then, I cleaned the stamp well, re-inked it in White craft ink, and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to align the image exactly where I wanted it (I wanted to stamp the white image slightly to the right and down just a tiny bit to give that 3-D effect).  See this U-tube video my friend has done demonstrating how to use a stamp-a-ma-jig.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHIRdouV3k&feature=uploademail
This same technique can be done using a light ink (like Pool Party) on white card stock, then stamping the second image in a darker ink (like Old Olive) slightly to the side and down to make a shadowed like image --like this card:

Those adorable little brads shown at the bottom of the "label" panel, are also from a FREE pack you can get during Sale-a-bration. :)  How I do love free stuff!
I added some of the basic pearls to make the images pop a little, as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment