Thursday, January 26, 2012

Love is in the air!

I recently purchased the new stamp set from the Occasions Mini, "P.S I Love You", and I've been anxious to "play" a little, so here you go!  I wanted to make a masculine card, so I forced myself to leave the chocolate and pink alone, and reach for the cherry cobbler, black, and vanilla.  It really is a striking combo, and achieved the look I was hoping to.  I used a strip of Newsprint DSP along the bottom, sponged along the edges with cherry cobbler ink.  I used the Lace ribbon punch to punch the lovely black border and wove a piece of vanilla 1/8" ribbon through some of the holes.  Then, I added some rhinestones colored red with a Sharpie, for some bling.  The punched shape for the sentiment at the lower right, is made with the Decorative Label punch.  First, stamp the sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set) on a scrap of vanilla card stock.  Line up the sentiment toward the bottom of the punch and punch out.  See the posting on this blog that has photos. :) of how to do create the next step.  http://embellishedbybrenda.blogspot.com/2011/08/decorative-label-punch-alternate-use.html  Just another super fun thing you can do with this punch!
I stamped more hearts on the background with cherry cobbler ink, and punched out the large hearts with the heart punch, and the "Love you" with the heart to heart punch. Of course, I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter around the borders of the hearts to make them just a tad more special....
This card is one of the projects we will be making at my "Won't you be mine?" Valentine's class on Sat, Feb 4th, at 6:30.  Please join us!  Here are all the other projects we'll be making, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment