Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter is here!

Ready to scrap some winter pictures???  I think winter is here, finally!  My Seattle friends have had more snow than we have so far this year...
This scrap book layout is for my Scrappers' Hostess Club that starts next month -- Feb 10th to be exact.  AND there's still one spot in this club, so join us if you like.  It meets every other month, with a $30 order commitment, on the 2nd Friday of the month at 6 pm.  For all the details, visit my meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/Flathead-Valley-Stampers/.
The theme to these pages is: "Winter is..." -- different for each of us, I'm sure, but a few of my favorite journaling accents are: skiing, snuggles, smiles, santa, sledding, snowmen, snowball fights, scrap booking with friends, stamping Christmas cards, and.. the list goes on...
I've used the Everyday Enchantment designer series paper again here (FREE paper you can get during Sale-a-bration). 


 We will be learning two stamping techniques.  First, Glitter window...
I first punched a 1 1/4" circle out of a scrap pc of cardstock.  Then I lined up my designer paper strips and adhered them down with temporary adhesive, traced the outline of the circle where I wanted the punch out to be, then lifted up each strip and lined up the punch on the line I drew and punched in out.  Next, I put both strips face down, lining up the circle halves, and put a pc of clear packing tape over the hole -- so the sticky side is facing to the front.  Turn project sticky side up, and dump Dazzling Diamonds glitter over your sticky window, rubbing in the glitter a little so it sticks well.  On a separate scrap of vanilla paper, I stamped a snowflake from the Serene Snowflakes stamp set in Poppy Parade ink and adhered that behind the window.  I used a little Pool Party ruffled ribbon to hide my designer paper seam, and punched a Poppy Parade scalloped frame to go around my glitter window.

The second technique showcased here, is the emboss resist technique.
Take a scrap of vanilla card stock, and stamp the snow flake from "Winter Post" set in Versamark ink.  Emboss with clear embossing powder and a heat gun.  Apply Lucky Limeade ink using a stamping sponge all over embossed image.  Use a paper towel to rub over image and wipe off any excess ink from the embossed image -- the snowflake image will "pop out" as the embossing resists the ink.

Of course, that beautiful doily is the new Doily die from the Occasions Mini.  That little punched out postage stamp on the lower right corner is from the Free Sale-a-bration set -- Fresh Vintage.  I also used the postage stamp punch to punch out the title letters after first stamping them in Poppy Parade ink on Vanilla card stock.  I then mounted them on Pool Party embossed tags using the large tag punch.  Whew!  there are a lot of steps on these pages, I guess.  More than I realized!...

I used the new Labels Framelits to cut the snowman photo and mats.  They are so very versatile! I've been using them a lot already -- great for scrapbooking and card making, both.

Stay warm! and drive safely!


No comments:

Post a Comment