Saturday, January 28, 2012

Milk Carton Die treat holder

Need a quick and CUTE little Valentine treat holder?  Try this little milk carton!  It's made with the Milk Carton Bigz Die.  I did find that using the premium crease pad with an extra shim of one piece of card stock, helped to make the score lines MUCH easier to fold.  (So, your Big Shot sandwich is: bottom cutting plate, die, card stock, premium crease pad, and card stock shim.) You do have to spend a bit of time with a bone folder, creasing all the score lines for your box to turn out the way you want it to...  I wanted to add a little window to the front, to see the cute little candy hearts inside, so I used the Postage Stamp Punch to punch a little window in the side panel -- two panels over from the "side flap" on the box.  I then attached a small piece of the clear acetate Window Sheets over the window, and finished assembling the box.  Such a cute little finishing touch!

To hold the top closed, I punched one hole with the 1/8" round punch through all the layers at the top, as well as through the little tag I made, and put a black glitter brad through to hold it all together.
For the little tag, I stamped the little birds (from the "Love You Much" stamp set) in Real Red on a Whisper White card stock scrap, and then punched it out with the decorative label punch.  I then stamped the birds again in black on some red designer paper from the Brights Designer series paper stack, and cut them out.  I popped the little birds up on dimensionals.  This technique is called "paper piecing" and is simple enough to do, and adds such a great little touch of flair.

Join me on Sat, Feb 4th at 6:30 pm and make yourself one of these adorable little milk carton boxes full of candy hearts!
AND,... don't forget!  It's Sale-a-bration time!  Get a FREE Sale-a-bration product with every $50 purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment