Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Ugly Duckling

I wasn't quite sure about this card, but here it is anyways! :)  Perhaps it will be gratifying to some of you, that even when you've been paper crafting for years, you sometimes (quite often, actually) make a card that makes you go "Hmmm, don't think it's a winner!"


The color combo I used here, was Riding hood Red, Pool Party, and Lucky Limeade -- based on colors in the "Every Day Enchantment" designer paper -- a FREE Sale-a-bration pack of DSP.  The flower is from the Sale-a-bration set -- Fresh Vintage.  I colored it with markers, then stamped it on a 3" white circle.  I love how this flower coordinates with this designer paper -- takes the guess work out of matching things.  This card design was an attempt to follow a Mojo Monday card sketch from Mary Fish's blog, Mojo Monday.  I do love her blog, and hope to play along with her sketches more in the coming year -- great way to get out of your card making rut.
Supplies used:
Card Stock: Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Every Day Enchantment DSP
Markers: Tempting Turqoise, Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Ink: Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake
Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Kind Thanks
Accessories: Finial Press embossing folder, 3" circle die, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

2 comments:

  1. I have made plenty of cards I wasn't sure about but this wouldn't be one of them! All three are great. Makes we want to get off this computer and get stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't alone when it comes to making cards you're not happy with. It happens more frequently that I like. But it certainly won't stop me. And this card is lovely; the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete